Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Freycinet




Heading south along Tasmania's wild and beautiful Pacific coast.








The blowhole in Bicheno explodes as the weather picks up.




The treasured highlight of the Pacific Coast is the Freycinet Peninsula most of which is a National Park with a wonderful lodge, beautiful beaches, scenic vistas, and abundant wildlife.








In Australia even the ducks surf!





Their is a trail that explores the peninsula and begins by heading over the hills to the bay side on the way to Hazard's Beach.



The park status leaves a selection of shells scattered along Hazard's Beach undisturbed .










From the middle of Hazard Bay the trail crosses the Isthmus. These ferns still had the bright blue berries over the old silvered leaves as spring had just begun.



Arriving at the hidden gem the beach at Wineglass Bay.













Hmm someone who got tired on the hike and sat down for too long?


Coming down the lookout trail my way was blocked by a 'roo. We stared each other up and down. Then I realized he wanted to pass me to gather food from the tourists at the lookout point. So turning to my side I flattened myself against the edge of the trail and watched him hop pass me and up the trail.






Next stop Tasman Peninsula

Or return to Australia